Thursday, January 11, 2007

Shameless brag

This blog has allowed a different side of me to come out. Normally, in social settings, I don't offer up little tidbits about my family. I figure if someone wants to know something...whether it's how we're doing, what's been going on, or even just idle chit-chat about the kids, they'll ask. But blogging gives me the opportunity to 'talk' about what's going on....what the kids are up to.....and to give a little glimpse into the lives of the PV's, without wondering if anyone really cares.


Throughout the life of this blog, you all have seen how busy our lives can be. Running kids to karate, ballet, music lessons and church takes up almost all of our evenings, leaving not enough time for family dinners or movie nights. Joe and I decided that keeping our kids busy and giving them access to different types of extra-curriculars would give them a jump-start on life and to allow the Lord to reveal their gifts and talents to them.

Here's a rundown of what we do throughout the week:

Monday: Piano (Trey and Julia)
French Horn (Daniel)

Tuesday: Karate (Julia)
Saxophone (Trey)
Master's Club (Advanced Karate--Daniel, Trey and Joshua)


Wednesday: Weekly Wednesday church activities

Thursday: Karate (Julia)
Master's Club (Boys)

Friday: Ballet (Julia)

Once or twice a month we have to throw in an orthodontist appointment and I believe all children should have a chance to watch mindless TV (Hannah Montana, Suite Life of Zack and Cody), play video games and play outside. We protect our Friday nights and Saturdays for family movies and special times together. This would, seemingly, leave little or no time for school or homework.

Oh, but fret not. Not this mama. I've always told my kids that their A #1 job was school and homework. Everything else, besides their relationship with the Lord and their family, comes in a distant second.

On Tuesday, report cards came home. This is the day, four times a year, that I literally wait by the door in anticipation. I look forward to seeing how well they've done and reading the comments by their teachers. This Tuesday was no different and I'm thrilled to offer this shameless brag.

Four kids. Four report cards. 25 different letter grades.
24 A+'s, A's, and A-'s........1 B+.

The B+ was in Math. No biggie. And the child that got the B+ loves Math, so I'm not too concerned. The grade will come up. I was and am so proud of my kids. Lots of stuff going on. Middle School. Dealing with their dad being gone. And they've come out shining like gold.

Praise God from Whom all Blessings Flow!

No comments: