Friday, July 25, 2008

I just gotta tell how cool the Lord is......

First, let me say....I apologize for the lack of posts lately. Ever since taking the Middle School teaching position, I've been thrust into seminars and new teacher training. (By the way, I'm not mentioning the name of the school or the county in which it is located, for privacy reasons......)

But suffice it to say, God is awesome!!!

Ever since I accepted the position, I have felt peace. Peace, like no other. I have not had a single hesitation about my decision to teach at this particular middle school....even though it is a 22 mile drive, with gas prices the way they are. Even though it is not the same county my children attend school. Even though we will be on slightly different academic calendars.

Peace.

But, just for good measure, the Lord has given me confirmation that the decision I made has matched His Will.

Besides the fact that one of my Sunday School friends teaches at this school.....

Last week, I attended a two day co-teaching seminar, to familiarize myself with what co-teaching looks like. It was very interesting. And one of my co-teachers was there. She and I met...and hit it off immediately. Her name is Michelle and she is cute, young and energetic. In her second year of teaching. And absolutely loves kids. During one of the breaks, we went in to see the Counselor. She wanted to get a copy of the team roster of kids. The Counselor handed her the list of kids names and Michelle said..."Great, now I can begin praying for them."

Wow.

Eight little words opened a huge door of conversation for us. We were able to spend a good portion of our breaks over those two days talking about the Lord.....understanding His Will....and being a life witness to the kids we are charged with. It was incredible.

And this last week, I've spent every day with all of the other 'new' teachers at our school, getting to know them...and being 'inducted' into the County. It's been a great week. Several times this week, we've talked about prayer...and being in God's Will. Open and easy conversation. Thank you, Lord.

And now today. Today, we were at our school for our own orientation in our facility. All of the Special Ed. teachers got together for an impromptu meeting with our Department Chair and Lead Support Teacher. We chatted. They shared. They encouraged. It was a very relaxing and comforting meeting. I feel very at ease with my role at the school. Now, that doesn't mean issues won't come up. Of course they will. But to begin on such a solid foundation is such a blessing.

Now, I'm on Facebook...and have been able to hook up with some of my new teacher friends at school. One of which is my Special Ed. Department Head. Most of us ladies put our maiden names into our profile so our high school and college friends can find us. I saw the maiden name of my Department Head.....She just so happens to be the Aunt of one of my favorite teenagers, Jacob. Jacob's older brother is dating one of my favorite college students....Katye.

I will be teaching alongside several people who are professing Believers in Christ! It is almost unfathomable to me.

God really is THAT cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

-AJ