Monday, July 07, 2008

The joy of laughter.....or is it?

I'm sitting here in my brother's dining room.....at my computer, just taking a break. It's been a wonderful first day of the Mission Trip. We met this morning to go over the music, practice the drama and work through the puppet script. The children did the devotional at lunch and the ladies met and planned and talked. The men worked a great portion of the day outside.

Our first night of VBS was such a blessing. 22 precious children came. Asian, Caucasian, African American. 2 year olds and 15 year olds. And every age in between. We laughed. Jumped. Sang. Clapped. And waved our arms. We listened. Giggled. Prayed. Danced. And thanked God for His blessings.

Now, we're back at my brother's hanging out and getting ready to go to bed. But as I sit here, listening to the Phillies game and checking my school website, I'm marveling at the laughter coming from the couch. There is nothing more heart-warming to me than to listen to my four children laughing hysterically. Together. It is a precious sound.

The only issue is what they're laughing at.

My wonderful brother....The Randall....32 years old and newly married, has a movie that I've never seen....nor have I ever wanted to see. The kids have never seen it, either, but today, decided to watch it. They started it this afternoon....and they're finishing it now.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Good Ness.

I actually think I'm losing IQ points just listening to the little bit I've been so blessed to catch.

I think I'll head to bed before I become more stupider.............

No comments: