Thursday, October 26, 2006

Hannah Montana.....

Ok.....could she be any cuter???

We watch a lot of TV in our house. I like watching TV. My kids like watching TV. I grew in a TV-watching house. Sports, news, soaps, comedies, dramas. You name it.....we watch it. Well, except the History Channel, that is. That's for Joe. I've even been known to watch the Golf Channel.

Don't get me wrong.....we do not sit 24/7 in front of the TV, but FoxNews stays on my TV as long as I'm awake.....I'll watch Fox and Friends in the morning while I'm piddling around my bedroom getting ready for my day. I get my daily Hemmer fix at noon, then Jane Skinner and Shepard in the afternoon, all the while doing housework and helping kids with homework. I'll throw a load of laundry in, empty the dishwasher and clean the kitchen, then walk back here and check my email and the news headlines, then I'll go straighten up the living room and clean a bathroom or two, then walk back here and check the news again.

The kids like typical kid-shows, but a couple of months ago, I decided I was going to put a block on Cartoon Network. They were watching it too much to begin with, but what they were watching wasn't all the great anyway. So, I told them they could watch Disney Channel...maybe Nickelodeon, but that was it. The fallout was enough to make a grown man cry......."Disney Channel!!!! That's a dumb channel. There's nothing good to watch on Disney! That's for babies!!" I begged to differ and told them that's the way it was.

Before I knew it, 'Hannah Montana' and 'The Suite Life of Zack and Cody' were taking over my TiVo. They can't seem to get enough of either show. A couple of weeks ago, when Disney had a Hannah Montana Marathon, Trey TiVo'd 7 or 8 episodes.....and they watch them every day. Same episodes. Same jokes. Same giggles coming from my kids. And to top it all off.....last Saturday, as I was laying in bed trying to pretend morning hadn't arrived, all four kids were on my couch watching Hannah again.....and suddenly out of the mouth of my 11 year old comes...."Who thinks Hannah's hot?"

Oy!

And Christmas came early for my bunch.....for today in the mail, via Amazon.com, came the just-released DVD and CD by Hannah Montana. It's been played so much, I've almost got the lyrics down.

I'll say it again.....could Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana be any cuter?

1 comment:

Dianne said...

That's so funny you say all this Jennifer. My nieces -- but especially the youngest one -- LOVE(S) Hannah Montana and she's LONG been a fan of Suite Life of Zack and Cody. I've even found myself sitting down and giggling along with them more times than I would have thought. There are still some okay shows out there, you just have to look for them sometimes! This is a fun post...thanks!