Saturday, October 07, 2006

Humbled.......and thrilled

This has been quite a weekend already and it's not even over yet! It started last night with Joshua having a SuperWorkout in preparation for his Black Belt Testing, then continued with Daniel having his first Science Club meeting (thank you Allyson for playing taxi for me last night) and ending with a rehearsal to a wedding I was privileged to sing for.

This morning all three boys had baseball games and the wedding was this evening. And Julia....well she had to skip ballet last night as there was just no way to get her to her class. So, she got to tag along with me wherever I went and she was a trooper for it, too.

Singing is something I've been doing since I was a little girl and it's something I love to do. But I've never considered my singing as anything other than a personal worship service with my Lord. Just me.....and Him. So, when I'm asked to sing a solo in church or for a funeral or wedding, I'm always surprised. This time was no different. Two months ago, I was asked to sing for the wedding of the daughter of a lady in our choir. I know Glenda, but had never met her daughter Amanda and before Celebrate America....Amanda didn't know who I was and had never heard me sing. So, imagine my surprise at the message left on my voicemail!!!

I was humbled to sing tonight, but thrilled just the same. Was I nervous? Of course. I get crazy nervous when I sing, but that's OK. Because it's then that I know that I am not singing in my own power, but in the power of the Holy Spirit and tonight, I believe He was glorified. Amanda chose 'How Beautiful' to be sung after her father gave her away and 'Ancient Words' while they lit the Unity Candle. It was beautiful.

But the weekend is not yet done. Tomorrow evening my children's choir, the Young Musicians, will be singing one of the specials in the evening worship service. I am so excited to be able to lead such a spectacular group of kids in corporate worship. Directing 'my kids' has become something I look forward to more than anything else in ministry. I love it! Thank you, Lord for giving me such amazing opportunities to glorify You.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

God truly is SO good! Beth

Julie said...

I love you perspective on all of this!
God will bless your service for HIM!

Blessings!!

JC

Allycat said...

Glad the wedding went well. The taxi driving was no problem. Glad I could help out. I don't feel like I have been much help for you on this tour of duty, so call me anytime.
love ya
Ally