Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!


It's 2008. Wow. It's hard for me to believe that 2007 is already gone. My how the time flies.

2007 was a wonderful year for me and my family. God truly worked some mighty things in my and my family's life. Right at the end of 2006, the Lord brought my husband home from Baghdad, safe and sound and ready for our family to become complete again. Re-engagement was almost seamless this time....definitely a work of the Lord.

2007 also brought an opportunity for me to substitute teach. 2007 had two of our boys playing baseball and all of the children showcasing their talents in various music and dance recitals. 2007 closed a chapter in our lives in Joe leaving his job at Delta Air Lines and beginning his work at Hewlett Packard. 2007 had Joe changing Navy units and graduating from Dallas Theological Seminary with a Certificate in Biblical Studies. God is good.

2008 brings a similar anticipation for me. This year, I may be going back to school to become certified to teach. This fall I will have all 3 of our boys in middle school. This year, Joe could have some big opportunities to offer his gifts both with Hewlett Packard and the United States Naval Reserve. This year, our children will continue to hone their God-given gifts in music and Julia should earn her black belt in karate.

God's blessings continue to abound....not necessarily physical or monetary blessings, but the blessing of friends. The blessing of peace and complete joy. The blessing of contentment in all we have. The blessing of opportunity to worship Him each and every Sunday. The blessing of getting to read His Word without fear of persecution. The blessing of the sun shining every day. The blessing of children laughing as they play.

God is clearly evident in so much around me. How can I be silent.

7 comments:

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Happy New Year to you and yours.

Kids are great aren't they...
they sure have a way of keeping you young...

My did was in the Navy for years ...
and he was in the Naval Reserve... he's got great insurance b/c of all the years of service.
Sure love those white uniforms.

Did you say your husband was in Iraq for 8 months? OMG.. if that was you, then... oh my heck..
I don't know how you did it.

God bless!

Jennifer said...

Hi Terri~ Yep, that was me. My DH was there, but because of his rank (O-6), he was kept relatively safe. God is the God of peace, as I never worried about his safety. I knew God was finished with us, yet.

I'm enjoying your blog. Thank you for making us all aware of your son's and other's kids heart defects. What a tremendous burden to bear, but God is and always will be faithful!

Tracey said...

Welcome back to the bloggy world! I've missed you!!!

Happy New Year, my friend!

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Jennifer,
I tried to leave a comment on your slideshow.. but for whatever reason, it wouldn't let me...

so..
very cute pictures ...
very cute family...
love the kitty in the sink!!!!

Hugs,
Me

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Oh and God bless you husband ...
I wouldn't want to go anywhere NEAR the middle east!

I still don't know how you did it!
Girl, I would have stress~eaten myself to oblivion...

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

YOU and YOUR HUSBAND

Anonymous said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!