Saturday, September 23, 2006

12 years


Today is our Anniversary. 12 years of putting up with each other's quirks, idiosyncrasies and plain craziness. We've come a long way in 12 years. 4 kids. 4 states. 7 moves. 4 different churches. 2 stints on Active Duty......and on and on it goes.

We decided to spend our anniversary away from the children in Destin. Neither of us have ever been but have been told it's a wonderful place to vacation. Julie and Michelle..........you were right.

Destin is simply beautiful. Touristy, but beautiful. The beaches....powdery white. The water.....warm. The sun....shining brightly. The condo we are blessed to be staying in......simply amazing. The food...........indescribable.

We've eaten at Ruth's Chris Steak House, Dewey Destin (fantastic seafood) and tonight, for our Anniversary we're going to Zampieri's. I cannot wait. Tomorrow will be spent at Johnny O'Quigley's watching some baseball then heading to AJ's to board the Sea Blaster for a Dolphin Cruise, then to Lousianna Lagniappe for a casual, Cajun dinner.

It's been a wonderful weekend away. A weekend I hope to repeat in the near future......either with just Joe, with two other couples......or just the girls.

Special thanks goes to my father who dropped everything to come to Georgia to watch the children when our inital child-watcher was unable to come. Big-time Kudos to Grandpa Bob for carting the kids to karate, ballet and baseball; getting them up and out of bed and to the busstop, and putting up with countless phone calls by this mama wanting to know how the kiddoes are faring without her.

Thanks, Dad. You're the best!!

And here's to my husband, Joseph......the man God placed in my life for such a time as this. Thank you for putting up with me and my consummate 'girlness.' For loving me through it all. For giving me 4 fantastic children. And for showing me the same love that God the Father has for His church. I'm looking forward to the next 12 years....and many more beyond that.

Happy Anniversary, Darling!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your Anniversary! So glad you two are enjoying your trip!
I pray God's blessing on the next 12 years!
John and I are working on 20 years. Amazing that time flies like that!
Be careful and we will see you when you get home! ( :

JC

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you guys are having a great time. We love that part of Florida! Take care and enjoy your time together. Beth

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your anniversary! Good to see a post from you... but get off the computer and enjoy your hubby and that beautiful ocean!

Allycat said...

Happy Anniversary to you both! Glad you had a fun trip. Boy, that beach looks so beautiful!!