Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Home Sweet Home

This last weekend I had the chance to head back 'home' to New Jersey for my cousin's wedding. It was a wonderful time....the wedding was beautiful....and I had a blast catching up with aunts and uncles and cousins that I don't get to see or talk to very often. My mom was there too, so of course that was wonderful.

If you ask my kids what their favorite part of the weekend was they will tell you that going to the Boardwalk at Ocean City and riding the rides at the amusement park takes the cake for them. Of course, they weren't having to pay for the tickets to ride each ride.....Yikes! For me, the weekend as a whole, was wonderful, but Sunday from 1:35 until 4:20 had to be my most favorite part, as I had the privilege of going to Citizen's Bank Park and watch my Phillies, my first team, take on the Braves, my second team. Baseball-----America's past-time and a sport that I follow closely.

There's probably few of you out there who really care, but 'Sophomore' Sensation Ryan Howard hit three home run's against one of the game's best pitchers, Tim Hudson. It was an unbelievable time.

But times that that.....when people are cheering and chanting for their hometown hero.....makes me wonder one thing. Why is it that we don't cheer for our Father, who has blessed us exceedingly abundantly? Why don't we talk about His great works like we do our favorite sports figures? Why are we so willing to spend freely at the ballpark for tickets, food and souvenirs, but recoil when the Pastor talks about the budget or Missions?

Lay up for yourselves treasures in Heaven..........

I fall short in my relationship with my Father far more than I would like, but thankfully, my Father is unwavering in His love for me.....He is unmoving in that, when I realize my sin....I know exactly where to find Him to seek His forgiveness.

This has been a year. A lot of ups. A lot of downs. But one thing has stayed the same. My Father in Heaven has been watching over me.....Loving me. Protecting me. Guiding me. Pruning me. Making me the woman He designed me to be. He alone is worthy to be praised.

Home Sweet Home......a place of love, joy, safety, comfort, laughter and peace.......both here with my earthly family......and my Heavenly Father.

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Great comparison Jennifer...I totally agree!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great trip - it's always great to get away! See ya tomorrow night! Beth