Monday, September 11, 2006

He's HOME!!!



Today was the day. The day my man came home.

At exactly 9:21 this morning, my cell phone rang with a ringtone that I hadn't heard in 5 months. "When I call on Jesus....all things are possible. I can mount on wings like eagles and soar. When I call on Jesus....mountains are gonna fall, 'cause He'll move heaven and earth to come rescue me when I call."

That's Joe's ring.

I was surprised that he called as I wasn't expecting the plane to land until 10, but he was early and he wanted his wife. So, I gathered my purse, put on the rest of my jewelry, grabbed my phone and headed out the door. By 9:55 this morning I was looking at my man, dressed in his fatigues waiting for me.

He's home.

For the next 15 days we will be going to Braves baseball games, watching our children play their baseball games, hanging out with friends, going to the Newsong concert up in Rome, completing a 'honey-do' list, going out to dinner, going to church and heading out of town for a 4 day weekend.....just the two of us. On the 26th, Joe will head back to Baghdad to finish up his work with the Civil Affairs Brigade and to plan on coming home for good in December. Chances are he will be in his home on Christmas Day.

I praise the Lord for keeping Joe safe and bringing him home to us for this short-but-surely-to-be-sweet R & R time.

God is good.

6 comments:

Dianne said...

I'm glad he's home for a bit Jennifer. I know you do a lot to keep things rolling by yourself and my hat is off to you!

Tracey said...

Jennifer, I am so happy for you that Joe is home for a short, but sweet, visit. I've been occasionally reading his "blog" and have thought so many times that I would like to thank him for his service to our country and protecting our freedoms. Please do that for me! I hope you enjoy your time together and we will pray for his safe return in December.

Cantini #3 said...

Welcome home Joe!

terrible speller said...

great news! Enjoy your time.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your time together - make the most of every day (especially those days when the kiddos are in school all day. . .) Beth

Anonymous said...

Hellooooooo!