Saturday, September 09, 2006

Opening Day

The Fall baseball season has begun......Ya gotta love it!!! Daniel and Trey are on the 11/12 Indians. Josh is on the 9/10 Braves.

Needless to say, I got my exercise in today, as both games were at noon and the fields were nowhere near each other. I did make sure I watched all of my boys bat---Trey and Dan each struck out once and walked once. Josh walked once and was hit by a pitch. And I saw some of Dan and Trey on defense.

I didn't get to see Josh play much defense as his team was up to bat far more than they were in the field. Josh's team played against another team that had just moved up into their age bracket, so they were younger and a lot of the kids had never played before. Because of this, Josh's team run-ruled them every inning they played.

Josh said the score was 9-1, but I think it was more like 15-1. Maybe the mercy rule was in effect. Joshua started in the outfield and played the whole game, with his highlight being his head-first slide into homeplate to score on a wild pitch. He just had to get that uniform dirty!

Daniel and Trey's team lost 10-6 and it was a tough one. They were ahead for the majority of the game, but lost it toward the end. Trey was the starting third baseman and played the whole game, even making a great defensive play---throwing the runner out at first. Daniel started in the outfield and played all but the last inning.

Game 1 of 10. Indians 0-1. Braves 1-0. It's going to be a fun season.

2 comments:

Tracey said...

I miss those days! Enjoy every moment! What cute boys! I love the pictures!

Cantini #3 said...

Totally cool...boy does Dan look just like his Daddy! WOW. I can't wait for my day to come!