Thursday, June 12, 2008

The first week, an interview, and a blessing....

Well, I have officially finished my first week of school....and frankly, it's really not that bad. The assignments are fairly straightforward, although I have had to email the instructor for confirmation on a couple of things. The reading, though, is still a bit boring.

I love to read. But this type of reading is rather dry....lots of laws, lots of technical terms that my teeny little brain is not focusing too well on. It's not necessarily hard.....just blah.

But I'll muddle through. :-)

I had my first interview with an elementary school this week and while it could have gone better.....I'm happy with how it went. I will never claim to know that much about teaching. So, when she asked me about teaching strategies and how I would ensure the students learned to read, it wasn't that easy to give a straightforward, concise answer. I don't have that kind of knowledge, yet. That's why I'm in school.

But what I could talk about was how much I love being with the students. How students thrive when they know their teacher believes in them. How they will work harder to reach their goal when they're given praise, encouragement and positive reinforcement. Students need consistency. Love. A hug. A touch. Even a 'high-five.'

I believe teaching is a ministry. A calling. And I believe that God has ordained my steps for such a time as this.....and I told the Principal as much.

I'm still applying for jobs...sending emails and mailing resumes and cover letters. Who knows what will come of it, but I believe sooner or later, I'll get to answer that call of my Lord to minister to students with disabilities.

Thank you for all of your encouragement. Your prayers and your emails. You are very special to me....even though, most of the time, I'm too busy to tell you.

I pray God's blessings on each and every one of you.

I love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We absolutely love you, too!