Friday, June 27, 2008

Road Trip...


We are so outta here!!!

In about 90 minutes, we will be loading up the car and heading out of town. We've had this planned for so long and now it's finally here.

We're on our way to three different cities....Ok, four if you count Tuscaloosa where we're spending the night tonight.

Our first destination is Dallas, Texas. For two reasons. One, we have family there. My father-in-law and his wife live there, as does my brother, who is stationed nearby. I also have a cousin in McKinney, so we're really making this trip worth our while.........

But the second reason we're going to Dallas is because my Phillies are playing Joe's Rangers...at the Ballpark in Arlington. And you know how much I love baseball.....and my Phillies. We planned this in January when the baseball schedule came out....My parents are driving down from Oklahoma City, so that means close to 16 of us are going to tomorrow night's game. Way too cool!

Joe, the kids and I are going to Sunday's game as well...then to 6 Flags on Monday. Tuesday, we'll get up and drive to Oklahoma City to see my parents and Joe's mom.

On Sunday, we're then heading up to Tulsa, a swift 90 minutes away, to be a part of something really awesome.....a Family Mission Trip with our Sunday School class. In Tulsa, we get to make nursing home visits, do VBS and help at an international Baptist Church. The men will be building a playground for the church, as well...so this is beyond cool.

We'll be back on the 11th of July. Have a great holiday everyone.....and to all of the Patriotic Jamboree folks....I will be praying for you. It's going to be awesome! The only problem is...I don't get to sing this year.

See ya in two weeks!!!!

No comments: