Sunday, June 15, 2008

A new beginning.......

God is so good.

I can't put into words how excited I am about what's happening in our church. We've been blessed to have been members for over 10 years....and God has done some mighty works in these 10 years. He's shown us His glory. He's shown us His power. He's shown us He is bigger than our circumstances. He is truly amazing!

I love my church. No, it's not perfect. There have been some ups and some downs, but through it all God has reigned supreme. And tonight, yet again, God showed me just how much He loves me, because He sent His man to our church to lead us as Pastor and Shepherd.

Tonight, our church called Dr. Mel Blackaby as Pastor. Just typing it causes me pause. I almost can't believe it. God wants me in such a close relationship with Him that He called Mel Blackaby to show me what that looks like. God wants me to become a mighty prayer warrior....so He called Mel Blackaby to teach me how to pray. God wants me to be an Excellent Wife, so He called Mel and his precious wife Gina, to be our leaders. No, not just a preacher....but a leader for our church.

We need a leader. I need a leader in that pulpit every Sunday. And God had something up His sleeve that I could have never imagined in my wildest imagination.

Thank you, Father for sending us Your man for our fellowship. Thank you for impressing upon the hearts of the search committee...this man and his family. Thank you for opening his heart for this community. Thank you for showing us how big You really are.

I praise Your Name.

1 comment:

Dianne said...

I know Jennifer...I sat there with tears in my eyes SEVERAL times and told Julie they just needed to sit down and quit talking! :-) (kidding of course!) I'm like you...I can't believe God's goodness either, but I am definitely grateful and my heart was OVERFLOWING last night. Yesterday was just a fablous day, no doubt about it.