Saturday, February 23, 2008

Let's Go Upward!!!



Our little girl, Julia, told us last year she wanted to be a cheerleader. This really didn't surprise me because she does 'girl' very well. She's adorable. She's spirited. She loves to flip her hair and stick out her hips. She's a mess. I frequently refer to her as 'all that and several bags of chips.'

Those of you that know her....know I'm describing her to the letter.

Because we've always had so much going on, I hadn't thought of signing her up....until this year, when her asking finally got me to say 'yes.' A church in our city does have a cheerleading team for their Upward Basketball league, so off we went. She's had a ball and has been in her element. Today was the last game she can cheer....because next week she gets to participate in a 5-hour boot camp to get ready for her black belt testing.

Yep....

She's a ballet, tap and jazz dancer.

She's a cheerleader.

And soon, hopefully, she'll be a black belt in karate.

So, when she needs to defend herself, she'll do it with grace and spirit.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer--

I love your cute story- especially how you concluded how you daughter would defend herself with grace- LOL- Susan

Anonymous said...

I just love my Julia! This takes me back to when I was juggling all the same things she is, except the karate...Tell her I am so very proud of her and just love her to pieces!
I miss you guys! I will be in town this weekend, so I will FINALLY get to see you besides Wednesday!!

Missy Garrison