Monday, February 04, 2008

Wow, I'm full

God is good.

And tonight, He showed just how much He has blessed me and Joe. About 10 days ago or so, we made a plan to go out to dinner with some friends. We don't get to do this very often....and when we are able to do it, it ends up being adults and kids. Of course, I love my kids and I love my friends kids, but sometimes I just want it to be the adults. And tonight was that night.

We took Tom and Kathy, John and Jill, and Matt and Missy out to Pura Vida, one of our favorite restaurants. And boy did we have a blast. We laughed and laughed and talked and ate and laughed and ate some more. Hangar steak, salmon, malanga chips, cheese and nuts, shrimp, chicken empanadas, and oh so much more. It was wonderful. And we topped it off with chocolate creme brulee, churros in chocolate and two different kinds of ice cream. Oh yes....it tasted just as wonderful as it sounds.

We ended the night standing in the church parking lot for another twenty minutes talking.

We've decided that since we had such a wonderful time that we need to make this monthly and prayerfully we'll be able to find that one night where we are all relatively freed up and can get together. It's clear that God has brought us together for such a time as this.....so we can love and encourage each other. That, my friends, is true Christian fellowship.

I love you guys.....thank you for tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen, you knew just what I needed, just WHEN I needed it. Thank you (and Joe) SO much for this! We had a blast and for once this month I wasn't thinking of the horror story that has been unfolding. Just knowing that I can turn to God daily has been a tremendous comfort, but what is helping me so much also is your friendship and prayers! I just love you to death and thank God daily for putting you in my life! You are my angel of support and friendship!

Anonymous said...

this is Susan-- where have you been- did you get angry with us?

i met Adam last week and even posted a slide show of this--

i have missed you