Monday, August 07, 2006

First day of school

The first day of school is always a highly anticipated time. It's when the kids get to see their friends again. It's when they get to be in new classrooms. It's when they get to meet new people and do new things. But the best part of the first day of school for my kids is getting to wear their new clothes. Yes, my kids think this is a big deal.

Last night before they went to bed, they all had their clothes laid out neatly in their rooms. They knew exactly what they were going to wear today and they were pretty excited about it. Check out their new threads!!!

Getting out the door today was the easiest it's ever been and probably the easiest it will ever be. Trey was insistent when we went to bed last night, that I get him up at 5:30....maybe as late as 5:45. He wanted to be up and ready this morning. I got him up at 6:00 and he let me know of his dissatisfaction with me that I'd gotten him up 'late.' Just you wait, 'enry 'iggins,' just you wait.....when it's impossible to get you out of bed here in a couple of days.

It's been a tradition for our family for me to take the kids to school on the first day and take their picture at their new desk. Julia, since her room was the first we came across, had hers taken first. I am reserving judgment about the teacher she was given. I have not been given the most positive feedback by those who've had this teacher before, so we're praying she has a good experience.

Josh was next. He is never too sure about school. Josh had a rough 3rd grade year and wasn't looking forward to today at all, but we believe that God gave him the perfect teacher and are praying that he has a good year.....at least enough of one to erase the bad memories from last year.

Trey's room is literally the furthest classroom from the front door and by the time we'd gotten there, he decided he did not want me taking his picture. He is now way too cool for that. So, you get a picture of him with Tymin.

And lastly....I am now officially a Middle School mom. Daniel was pretty pumped about today. He'll get his schedule this morning for the first time and hopefully he'll remember to bring it home so I can see it!! I'm dying to know what he's doing right now. God is good. He has given us two fantastic schools to send our kids to and teachers that love to teach. I'm looking forward to a great school year.

4 comments:

Tracey said...

Enjoy every moment...they grow up too fast. That's funny about Trey...Zack would do the same thing. He would be horrified if I embarassed him like that at school in front of his friends. I hope they all have a good day today. I can tell your "cup runneth over" with such wonderful kids.

Cantini #3 said...

First day back to school is so emotional on so many levels! Great pics of the kids...love the idea of taking it at their desk....nice!

Anonymous said...

I wanted to walk Carleigh in last week and she told me that she would be "fine". I wasn't worried about her as much as me. I dropped her off at the front of the school and watched her little body walk in with those BIG kids. She loves it and I'm thankful. I hope your kids (Daniel especially) have a great day. Middle school scares me. . .Beth

terrible speller said...

Glad everything started so well. I love all the pictures of the kids.