Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I just can't do it......I refuse


I'm stamping my foot in complete and utter disregard to the advice given to me today.

Last Thursday or Friday, I noticed I was having some congestion issues. Because I have always had overactive sinuses, I didn't really think too much about it until Sunday when it seemed to get worse.......then Monday, worse yet....Tuesday...... today. Concern washed over me. What is up with my throat and my chest?

Holy Canoli.............NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! It can't be. I refuse to believe it. I won't. NO!

But, yet, it's true. According to the doctor......I am, in her words, 'highly allergic' to my new kittens, and a cat allergy is, in her opinion, 'very difficult to treat.' Then she gave me her recommendation and like I said.....there is no way I am going to do what she recommends. She actually had the audacity to tell me that I need to consider getting rid of the kittens before the children get too attached. Children, shmildren. I'm the one that's attached, dangit.

They're my babies. How can I give them up? She asked me if they could become outside cats. No. I'm not comfortable with that, especially since there only 4 months old. Is there a way to enclose them in a porch or carport? No, my house is wide open.

So, that's my quandary. She gave me Nasonex and Allavert to get me through the crisis, but then said again to consider giving them up.

Blasphemy!!!

10 comments:

Dianne said...

Oh my gosh! That is so terrible, Jennifer! I was excited to see you had posted something else, but I hate that this is what it was.....Who would ever have thought you'd be allergic to those sweet babies??? That's so bad....I am stamping my foot right along with you! Keep us (ME) posted!

Dianne said...

The picture is cute too!

Jennifer said...

You are sick, smithy......Sick, I say.

Nice pic, by the way......are you now a blogger or still a stalker? ;-)

TOM said...

Jennifer,
How about getting them stuffed and mounted on the wall???
*no allergies this way
*still get to view and enjoy

Julie said...

RR - I have no words for you except - you still NEED THERAPY!!!!

HA HA

I am torn about the kittens because I am thinking like a choral director -- vocal health is important - that's all I'll say......
Mouth shut now. ( :

Tracey said...

Oh no, Jennifer! How sad! I had two sweet kitties when I was in elementary school (Romeo and Juliet) and we found out my younger brother was allergic. I tried to tell my mom to get rid of him, but it was the cats that were eventually banned outside! Do you have a garage they can stay in? It would probably be too hot, but I hate to see you get rid of the babies!!!

Dianne said...

I was telling that girl I work with about you being allergic and she said she has a friend and a brother-in-law that were initially like that too, but they were bound and determined not to get rid of theirs and their allergies went away! We'll pray for that, okay???

Too bad that people who don't have cats don't understand!

TOM said...

no,no, no............this is not about people who don't have cats

JUST ABOUT PEOPLE WHO ARE WISER!!! HA HA
Ok, John got in the hot seat for talking about men vs. women going to doctors and childbirth etc.
I guess now I am in the hot seat???
Ok, shoot me now. Go ahead.

Jennifer said...

Tommy, you are treading on very thin ice. After all, I have your children.......................if you ever want to see them again............

Cantini #3 said...

people....just remember...I am not my husband......

Actually we went to the pet store to look at kitties last week. I wanted to get one for the kids sooooo bad. But just the short time I was in the store, my nose started to act up and my throat was feeling yucky. I thought maybe just getting one short-haired cat might be ok???? The kids just love animals and I really want them to have one.....

I don't know what do to either. By-the-way....RR does like cats, he's just being mean......