Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Take me out to the ballgame.....

Baseball.....America's pasttime. Like apple pie and Chevrolet. Could there be anything better?

I've been a baseball fan for as long as I can remember......and a Phillies fan for even longer and last night I got to hang out with a couple of friends at Turner Field (AKA The Ted) and watch my Phightin' Phillies take on the Braves. The Phillies won........of course. There was some great defense....and some sloppy defense. Some 'small ball' and some long ball. There was something for everyone and we had a great time.
This is Ryan Howard....The Phillies homerun machine.
I took this picture during his at-bat in the second inning. Eye-level, you say? Yep, I have access to second row seats. Yes, I said second row. Right on the field. Awesome!

I went with Cantini and Jatha, two gals I had the privilege of being on staff with at the church and have become good friends with as a result.


We had a blast. So much so, that I'm sure we'll be doing this again.

2 comments:

Cantini #3 said...

ok....where's the picture of me and you??????? Had a BLAST....thanks for the invite...I think I ate too many peanuts.....we have to do that again!!!!!

Allycat said...

Girls night out at the game!! Sign me up anytime!