Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Friends are friends forever

"My God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory." Philippians 4:19. When I am tired, I find rest in my Father. When I am hungry or thirsty, I can eat from the Bread of Life and drink from the streams of Living Water. When I am overwhelmed with life, I am calmed by the Spirit.

God shows Himself to me in so many different ways. Through the stillness of His voice on my heart, He speaks. Through His written Word, He speaks. But sometimes He shows Himself to me in more tangible ways......through my friends. God has blessed me with some amazing friends.....Indescribable friends. Friends that have walked through the fire with me. Friends that have loved me even when I wasn't very lovable. "A friend loves you all the time....."Proverbs 17:17) Friends that have showed themselves true more times than I can count. "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." (John 15:13)

There is a wonderful verse that has been playing over and over again in my mind: "I thank my God upon every remembrance of you....." Colossians 1:3. I think of my friends when I read this passage in Colossians. It goes on to say....."In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the Gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus....."

I know God is not done with me yet. And I know that whatever path He chooses to take me down, I will have the best friends I could ever imagine walking that path with me.

I thank my God upon every remembrance of you.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Friends are Friends Forever is the song that my bridesmaids walked down the aisle to at our wedding. It's so true, I can't imagine going through life without true friends. I am still great friends with almost all of my 9 bridesmaids!! Beth

Dianne said...

Great blog Jennifer. I feel the same way...and as an aside, I enjoyed sitting by YOU last week in choir...for your company AND because I couldn't believe how much easier it was to hear my part! I was amazed. Hopefully that will happen again soon. Heaven knows I need all the help I can get sometimes!

Allycat said...

Love you, Sister! I am thankful for you, my friend!

Cantini #3 said...

You know that we feel the same way too. More than you know. I'm am so glad that God brought us together as friends. He did so for a greater purpose, didn't He? I would never have imagined that we would be at this place, but God's ways are higher than ours...thank goodness!

I love you my sistah!

Anonymous said...

I am just smiling, that's all. ( :

We are due for lunch to just sit and laugh at dumb stuff. How about Mexican???

Julie

Anonymous said...

When have you ever been unloveable? Not in my experience. You are the love of my life and a friend such as I have never had before. jkp