Friday, June 16, 2006

I only thought no one cared...........

Wow...what a day! All 5 of us have one reason or another to feel that today was a great day. My kids....because they got to go to the pool and did not have to go to karate. Me, for reasons I shall explain in a bit.

In prepping to go to the pool today, I decided to shave my legs.....Yes, it had been several days since I'd done this and to be honest....who cares? My husband, for one, does not. He's in Iraq doing his thing, so the fact that I haven't shaved since Monday was irrelevant to him. I, for another....don't care either. My kids........please.

Well, as I was sitting on the side of my tub shaving, my daughter.....that sweet angel of a 7 year old comes in to check on me. And she says, "Thank goodness you are shaving. I don't wanna feel no hairy legs on my momma."

Nice.

Who knew????

After lathering up in Sunblock, making lunches and gathering our towels, we headed out. We got the pool around noon only to find just a few people there. My kiddos pretty much had the run of the place and they took advantage. They had decided before we left the house that they wanted to stay at the pool until 5:00 or so.....I told them there was no way, but that we would see how things went. (I'd post pictures but they won't upload for some reason)

Sure enough....by 2:00 they were ready to come home. 2 hours. Not bad. I did get some good sun so I was OK with that. And when I got home, lo and behold....the makeup kit I'd ordered had arrived. Much sooner than I had imagined, but there it was......on the front porch.

When it comes to makeup, shampoo, even skin cleansers...I am like a kid in a candy store. I can't wait to rip the package open and see what's inside. Two months ago, I decided I would try a different type of makeup....Bare Minerals. I have always had a hard time finding foundation that didn't settle into my skin or cause my forehead to shine like a spot light. Until I found Bare Minerals. This stuff is awesome and when I began to run out of my starter kit, I purchased the big kit off their website. I can't wait for tomorrow, so I can try the new colors.

The only rough part of today was watching Tiger Woods unravel at Winged Foot. Yes, I watch golf. Yes, I love watching Tiger play. And this weekend, he won't be competing for his 11th Major Championship Title....for the first time in 37 tries. Very impressive, nonetheless.

Maybe my Phillies will pull one out tonight against the D-Rays......

2 comments:

Cantini #3 said...

I care about your legs....o, wait...no I don't, sorry!!!!! Have fun with you new make-up...I'll check you out on Sunday and see how it looks. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog...just one of those days....tomorrow will be better!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sister,
You make me miss those long lazy summer days hanging out at the pool with my two beautiful girls. They have become two beautiful young women that are way too cool to hang out with Mom. (and way too busy with their friends, etc) I know you are enjoying this time of motherdom. (I love that expression! Motherdom, we sound like royalty - Queen Jennifer)

Too bad about Tiger. Between he and the Braves I may have to become a Phillies fan!

See you!
Ally