Saturday, June 24, 2006

Karate Graduation

Every three months my children graduate to their next belt in karate. Today was that day. As previously posted, my boys have been taking karate since August 2002. Julia began about a year after her brothers. Today, Joshua graduated to his brown/black belt and will test for his black belt this fall. Julia graduated to her red belt and has another 18 months before she tests for her black belt.

Daniel and Trey, even though they earned their black belt last month, have committed to at least two more years of training in the Masters Club.

They are also part of the Demo team for the studio and get to perform at the graduations.

It's been a busy day already. Thankfully, though, we don't have anything else to do today.

I think I'll watch my Phillies and chill out!!

No new news on our bat-friend who invaded our space yesterday. He has either curled up and died somewhere or he found his way outside and we didn't realize it. It was an interesting night last night, though, as the boys were very concerned for their mother....possibly sleeping in the same room as a bat...and for me as I kept one eye open pretty much the whole night. And just so I wouldn't miss anything, should batman decide to come out of hiding.......I slept with the bathroom light on.

2 comments:

Cantini #3 said...

leaving on the bathroom light made me laugh....thanks for the smile :)

Anonymous said...

OK - I have some " bat experience" -- yep - and proud of it. Once when I lived at home, we had a bat in the house...it gets WORSE -- it had a baby bat -- I stepped on it BAREFOOTED -- it died -- squish!!! I think I was freaked out for a week. I guess you could call me a baby bat killer. Let me know if you want me to come over and chase a bat or two...they may not let me anywhere near their babies!!!!

JC