Thursday, June 22, 2006

What? Are you nuts??


These are the words that came out of my sweet Number 3 son, Joshua....and they were directed at me.




God gives us blessings....some of which we are or should be most aware of....like our homes, our families, our 'things'....some are not as obvious. Sometimes blessings come when we least expect it. Today we got an unexpected blessing. My parents sent each of our kids a card congratulating them on finishing their school year and finishing it well. In each card was a $5 bill. You would have thought there was a bar of gold in that envelope. The children were so excited.

Thursday night is Recovery night at church and since I serve as the Ministry Leader, I am usually the first to arrive and the last to leave each week. As we were heading to the car tonight, the kids were telling me that they were hungry and asked if we could run through Chick-fil-A. A thought occurred to me and I realized that I am, in fact, a genius. I gave the children my counter-argument. Sure, we could run through Chick-fil-A....and you can use the $5 that Grandmom gave you.

"What? Are you nuts?"

I laughed. No, as a matter of fact, I'm pretty smart, thank you very much.

I just wish I could stick to my guns. I learned a long time ago that there are some battles not worth fighting, especially when it comes to my kids. Some might say I give them too much liberty and decision making power, but I'm not sure I buy that. They are great kids. And if my buying them a Chick-fil-A means they can save their $5 to go toward that Ultimate Light Saber Kit they want......so be it.

Am I nuts? Maybe.

If I am, it's my kids fault.



2 comments:

Cantini #3 said...

You are nuts...I know that for a fact!!!! Don't even need to ask the question!!!!! HA HA Like they say at Chick-fil-A "It's my pleasure."

Jennifer said...

HA!!! Thanks, my friend. Love ya