Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Call unto Me.....

Jeremiah 33:3---"Call unto Me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."

Jeremiah 31:3--"I have loved you with an everlasting love."

As I sit here pondering these two verses, the only thing I can do is give thanks to my God for His love....for His tender mercies....for His amazing Grace that envelopes me every day of my life.

My heart is a little heavy tonight.........

"Call unto Me......"

Today is Wednesday....the day that I am up at the church all day. I taught music today for the majority of the kids that were there, but unfortunately had to miss two classes. When I went upstairs with my music cart and instruments, two of the classes were not in their rooms. Thinking that they were either on the playground or at another activity, I made my way back to the office to finish another project I was working on and waited until it was time to head out for lunch. I found out later that one of the teachers was not happy with me that I didn't come. Apparently we had our times mixed up. To me, it was not a big deal, but finding out that a teacher was not to pleased with me, disturbed me.

I am human, after all, and will and do make mistakes...unfortunately, more often than I'd prefer. But praise be to God for His unconditional love.......

"I have loved you with an everlasting love." I rest in this comfort.

Tomorrow night is Celebrate Recovery night. One of the most emotionally draining nights of the week. I serve as the Ministry Leader and spend a great deal of time throughout the week 'selling' the ministry to those that call needing more information about it. I also put together the Worship sets and power point slides and I prep the lesson. It is a big responsibility and one that I wish, sometimes, belonged to someone else. But every time I start to think like that, I get a phone call from someone wanting to know more about the ministry and telling me that they would like to come this Thursday evening.

So many in our world today are hurting. So many people just need to hear that someone loves them. So many people need to know that Jesus cares so much about them and loves them so much that He was willing to die for them. It is our responsibility to give them the very same Hope that carries us each day. Just like Newsong sings, "We wear His Name." The Name of Jesus. The Name that is above every name.

In working the steps of Celebrate Recovery, I have come to realize, yet again, that only Christ can fill the emptiness I may feel at times. Only Christ can bring a peace that passes all understanding. Only Christ can give me the hope I need to get up every morning. Only Christ can carry the load I try to bear on my own. Only Christ.

As for the reason behind the heaviness in my heart.....Well, I know that I can cast all my care on Him, for He cares for me. I know that my God shall supply all my needs according to His riches in Glory. I know that God has a plan for me....a plan for a hope and a future.

I know I can call unto Him and He will answer me.

2 comments:

Tracey said...

He gives rest to the weary...He will honor the work that you are doing for Him and I will pray for an extra measure of strength for you.

As far as the teacher that was upset with you, well, the first thing that comes to mind is that you can't please everyone every day and today just wasn't her day! Now that wasn't very nice for me to say, was it?! ;-) Tomorrow will be a better day!

Cantini #3 said...

I know your heaviness and know that God will take care of every situation and circumstance that we are in...no matter what. When we let go of the control and trust God to handle everything....it turns out how HE wants it to...not how we want it to. Not that it makes it any easier to deal with....but He gives us His promises.