Friday, July 07, 2006

Coolness defined..........

It's cool to be a kid.....

And my kids are the coolest. Yesterday they decided to build a fort in Trey's room using their comforters. Today, they decided they would move their creation into Daniel's room as it is bigger than Trey's. They have had more fun climbing in and out of their 'mansions,' as they are calling them. It's been really nice to have them playing so well together....working together to create something and laughing hysterically at their role plays. They have also decided they are going to sleep that way tonight. Of course, I'm not holding my breath knowing it's not likely that much sleep is going to take place, but I'll let them have their fun until they disrupt my sleep....then they'd better watch out....;-)

I can't complain about the mess they've made knowing they're having so much fun. Tomorrow, they've been warned, is clean-up day.

It's Friday and tonight was the third night in a row that I got to cook dinner and it was wonderful. I really enjoy cooking for my family, but unfortunately have allowed myself to fall into the trap of running through Taco Bell or Chick-fil-A after karate classes because it is easier. Of course, there's no mess to clean up, but it keeps us from sitting down as a family...chatting...laughing....and just being silly. Last night, Joshua declared he would rather eat dirt than eat his broccoli (of course, he ate it anyway)...and tonight all of them declared that my Phillies stink.

It's what I live for.....the opportunity for my kids to complain about having to eat their vegetables and to tell me that I root for a terrible ballclub.

And just for the fun of it.........here's an updated picture of me. Julia took it of me this afternoon. I think she did a good job!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're beautiful!

Capt P.

Cantini #3 said...

I love it when my kids play together well too. It does happen sometimes, so enjoy it. Great hair day too, by the way......I also think you may have a smudge on your lense???? You know that I had to say something about that, right?????? We are off to Rick and Rosemary's daughter's wedding today with Tim, Jan and Carla...should have a blast. See you tomorrow!!!!!! #3

terrible speller said...

great pic

Anonymous said...

okay - i see a future in photograpy for little julia!! Super job!

Julie

JL said...

I'm not sure I like you, you're too gorgeous and too skinny :)

And GO PHILLIES!!!! We just moved here from an hour west of Philly!