Saturday, July 22, 2006

Too adorable.....not to.

I have always been fond of animals. Growing up we always had dogs and even a cat way back in the day. We had Sam, the cat; Jofis, the weiner dog, (yes, his name was Jofis, because I couldn't pronounce Joseph); Lady, the dog; another Lady, the dog; Hardhat and Bandit, both dogs; and later, Nicholas, the cat; Petey, the dog (he didn't last long); and currently, my parents have Wiggles and Waggles, the dogs on a very short leash. (I sure hope I'm not forgetting anyone).

Now, we have Bumper. Our black lab. He is probably one of the sweetest dogs around. Last week, a couple of my blogger buddies began talking about cats and how therapeutic and wonderful they are. So when 'Glasses of Grace' AKA 'di-dan' encouraged me to "Go For It!" and contact rescuecats.org.....I did.

Honestly, I didn't have any intention of adopting a kitten. Knowing I already had four two-footed children and one four-footed child, I didn't think I could handle anymore feet underfoot or mouths to feed, for that matter.

But as the song goes, "Just one look and it felt so right." I was hooked immediately. I sent Joe the link and knowing he is a 'cat guy' I figured there would be little argument. Sure enough, he said to go for it. But that we couldn't get just one. Kittens need a buddy.

So, I called the number of a lady in the area who is a 'foster mom' to abandoned or otherwise homeless kittens and cats and she invited us right over to check out her babies.

Needless to say, it didn't take long to figure out that kittens in our house would be a good thing. Meet Limerick and Oliver. Two tabbies that love to play. When we got them home tonight they explored and sniffed and did all those things that animals do in their new space, but very soon after they were wrestling and playing.














Limerick











Oliver





Tymin, our Russian blue mix, was content to just sleep in the chair.




So, there you have it. We are now cat owners. I wonder what Bumper will have to say about this.

4 comments:

Tracey said...

Awwwww...how sweet!!! I love cats and your new kittens are just precious! Congrats Cat Mommy!

Cantini #3 said...

Can't wait until next week when my boys get to play with your kids and kittens!!!! They will LOVE it and have a great time!!!!!

Dianne said...

Jennifer.....YEA!!!!! You have made my day! Two really are more fun because they DO need a buddy, but I didn't want to push you right over the edge in suggesting that! :-) I am SO thrilled! I got more and more excited as I read your post, then I got to my name and just gasped because I knew you had really done it! :-) Had I known this before church, I would have said something tonight, but just know I am thrilled and you have made my day...and maybe even my week! :-) One question though, I see Limerick an Oliver, but who is Tymin?

The children did FANTASTIC tonight by the way. That one in the middle on the second row was so sweet he made me teary. I just LOVE to watch children worship, and he truly was doing just that. Great job though, for real.

Congrats on the kittens! Keep me posted!

Allycat said...

Hey Sister,
I can't wait to meet the new babies! More PV babies to love!! I am sure Bumper will love them too!
Ally