Friday, July 14, 2006

It's the little things.....

I am so excited!!! Why, you ask....Well, since Joe's birthday is the 22nd, it's time to renew our license plates. But, I decided today that I would try for a personalized plate instead of the 'Support Education' tag we've been sporting for the last two years. I'm not exactly sure what spurred this on, but the idea stuck in my head, so I decided to go for it.

I got to the tag office and told the gal what I wanted to do. She handed me a form to fill out, which I did and handed it back to her. She made a few keystrokes and informed me that "Yes" my combination of letters was available and my new personalized tag would be mailed to me in 30 days or so.

Sweet!!! I'm not sure why, but I got so excited. She then informed me that I would have to turn my Education tag back in and place a temporary tag, which she would give me, in the back window. No problem.

As I was walking out to the car, after writing a larger check than I had planned, I realized I did not have a screw driver to take my now invalid license plate off my truck. Now what? I thought about asking the nice man that was making his way into the tag office, but then decided against it. I had 3 of the 4 kids with me and I had other places I needed to go.

So, feeling like a common criminal, we pulled out of the parking lot and headed to the Pavilion to finish our errand-running, all the while wondering if said Tax Commission clerk was putting out an APB for my truck and its now invalid license plate. Wouldn't that be something to blog about?????

Single Wife arrested for driving with stolen license plate. Story at 11.

I figured if I was pulled over for a moving violation I could come up with some sob story about my husband being overseas and that all the stress that being home alone with 4 kids brings on had just become overwhelming....and that I just plain forgot about taking the tag off the car. "And officer....do you have a screwdriver, by the way?"

I decided that observing all posted speed limit signs would serve me well.

So, now I have a temporary tag where my Support Education tag used to be. And for those of you wondering what my personalized tag will say????? You'll just have to wait until it comes in. And to save you some agony.....It's really not all that exciting......it won't mean a thing to anyone but me.

I picked it because it describes me really nicely.

Oh...and I almost forgot....I am MacGyver after all. The floating tube that is attached to the plug is long enough to be taped to the arm that leads to the handle. Problem FIXED! WooHoo!!!!!

3 comments:

Cantini #3 said...

what could your tag be.....hummmmm...jpv???? my4kids?????? come on....tell us

Jennifer said...

Nope....on both. I thought about a jpv type of moniker, but that would be way too obvious. And it has nothing to do with my kids, believe it or not. :-)

JL said...

lol I just went and swapped out my tag. I felt a little guilty b/c my hubbie spent extra on the breast cancer awareness tag b/c of his mom. But I traded it in for my good old personalized one. I had to take my tag off and bring it in before they would give me the temporary tag. My tag place had a screwdriver on hand, so I just took it off in the parking lot and carried it back in. Tell your tag office to get on the ball! lol