Sunday, July 30, 2006

It's official


Not only am I the quintessential karate mom......the cat charmer......and the consummate baseball fan.....I am now a 'football mom.'

It's official, Josh has been drafted by our hometown team.....The Cowboys. We're very excited as the Tuna is a great coach and there are few better than T.O. at wide receiver, despite his antics. While Josh's position is yet to be defined, we're confident he'll be lined up next to Roy Williams or DeMarcus Ware ready to take down Michael Vick or even Reggie Bush as they attempt to gain yardage on this outstanding defense.

We got word tonight that all new footballs have been purchased as well as new uniforms......no used equipment for my Cowboy!!!

Needless to say, we are ecstatic. He was a little disappointed as he was hoping to be drafted by the Eagles. Playing alongside Donovan McNabb has always been a dream of his. Now he'll just have to look forward to bringing him down on Monday Night Football on ESPN this fall.

The team has its first practice on Tuesday night. Rest assured I will have my face paint on and my "That's my boy!" sign raised high in the air for all to see.

I've also decided it might be best to hire a bodyguard. Josh might need a respite from all of the screaming fans wanting his autograph.

3 comments:

Dianne said...

That's great Jennifer...I am sure you will be one of the best 'football moms' ever...CONGRATULATIONS...and keep us posted! :-)

Cantini #3 said...

ok.....very funny blog....nice....see you are funnier than you think!

Proud for Josh & you too. It's going to be awesome. We will have to come see him play. I love football. Maybe he can follow in the footsteps of Troy Aiken or Tony Dorsett.....wayt to go!

Allycat said...

Give me a J

Give me an O

Give me a s

Give me a h

Go Josh, Go Josh!