Friday, July 14, 2006

Praying for my kids

As a mom, I do everything I can to take the best care of my kids, but I must confess....the one area I wish I was better at is interceding for them to my Father. Fervently praying over them. Covering them completely in prayer every day.

I pray over my children every night as they are lying in bed waiting for their kisses goodnight. I pray for them in different ways.....Keep them safe. Protect them Father. Thank you for them, Father. But I haven't covered every aspect of their lives in prayer.

I bought a lot of little books today....one of which is Stormie's Power of A Praying Parent. But it's not the book itself, it's just the prayers from the book. 60 of them. In this neat little compact book.

The first one knocked my socks off.

Lord, I submit myself to You. I realize that parenting a child in the way You would have me to is beyond my human abilities. I know I need You to help me. I want to partner with You and partake of Your gifts of wisdom, discernment, revelation, and guidance. I also need Your strength and patience, along with a generous portion of Your love flowing through me.

Teach me how to love the way You love. Where I need to be healed, delivered, changed, matured, or made whole, I invite You to do that in me. Help me to walk in righteousness and integrity before You.

Teach me Your ways, enable me to obey Your commandments and do only what is pleasing in Your sight.

"The righteous man walks in his integrity; his children are blessed after him." Proverbs 20:7

What an awesome way to begin a fervent prayer life over my children.

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Wow--that's good stuff. I have her book, Power of a Praying Wife, but I haven't seen the one for parents. It sounds great and I think I'll have to check it out. Thank God for the Holy Spirit interceding for us when we don't know how to pray for something, or even fail to pray. I know that I have failed many times in being consistent in my prayer life. Thank you for sharing this.